Register

Welcome to the Webmaster and Technology Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

weblogicfaq

How to set a classpath in weblogic server?

I want to set the classpath for the weblogic server, what`s the process to do so?

shivam

On windows operating system, Go to the Weblogic_home\server\bin folder and look for the script setWLSEnv.cmd. Change the permission of the script to be executable and execute the script to set the WLS classpath.
    On Unix like operating system, Go to the $WL_home/server/bin directory and look for the script setWLSEnv.sh. Change the permission of the script to be executable (command : chmod +x setWLSEnv.sh) and execute the script (./setWLSEnv.sh to set the WLS classpath).

Hope this helps!

Registered Users

Re: How to set a classpath in weblogic server?

Quote Originally Posted by shivam View Post
    On windows operating system, Go to the Weblogic_home\server\bin folder and look for the script setWLSEnv.cmd. Change the permission of the script to be executable and execute the script to set the WLS classpath.
    On Unix like operating system, Go to the $WL_home/server/bin directory and look for the script setWLSEnv.sh. Change the permission of the script to be executable (command : chmod +x setWLSEnv.sh) and execute the script (./setWLSEnv.sh to set the WLS classpath).

Hope this helps!
    Hi All.

I am a rookie in this Weblogic Administration. I would like to add a new classpath in my weblogic 10g server along with the existing one. As per the suggested above comment, when I would execute it will it be asking for a prompt to enter a new classpath. If so after entering should I have to restart the weblogoic server to make the changes effect.

Please understand that I am working in a production environment and I am concerned about this as I dont know what would be the impact and how to handle. So kindly help.

Thanks & regards

Rijo

Registered Users

Talking Re: How to set a classpath in weblogic server?

1. Look for the file commEnv.sh under folder and open the commEnv.sh file

Look for the following :
    Code:
    # set up WebLogic Server's class path
    WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH="${JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${WL_HOME}/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${WL_HOME}/server/lib/weblogic.jar$
    {CLASSPATHSEP}${FEATURES_DIR}/weblogic.server.modules_10.3.6.0.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${WL_HOME}/server/lib/webservices.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${ANT_HOME}/lib
    /ant-all.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${ANT_CONTRIB}/lib/ant-contrib.jar"
    export WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH
    I have copied a custom jar named customtst.jar under /var/tmp directory: /var/tmp/customtst.jar

Modify the value of WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH variable shown above and append the jar location to the Classpath:
    Code:
    # set up WebLogic Server's class path
    WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH="${JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${WL_HOME}/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${WL_HOME}/server/lib/weblogic.jar$
    {CLASSPATHSEP}${FEATURES_DIR}/weblogic.server.modules_10.3.6.0.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${WL_HOME}/server/lib/webservices.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${ANT_HOME}/lib
    /ant-all.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}${ANT_CONTRIB}/lib/ant-contrib.jar${CLASSPATHSEP}/var/tmp/customtst.jar"
    export WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH
    Now, restart the server.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

how to set classpath in weblogic

weblogic classpath

how to set classpath in weblogic server

weblogic server classpath

how to set classpath for weblogic server

set classpath in weblogic server

how to set weblogic classpath

weblogic server start classpath

set weblogic classpathclasspath weblogicweblogic set classpathset CLASSPATH weblogicclasspath in weblogic serverweblogic server classpath settingsweblogic change classpathhow to set classpath for weblogichow to change weblogic classpathsetting classpath in weblogic serveredit weblogic classpathhow to set weblogic server classpathwls classpathwhat is classpath in weblogicweblogic classpath foldersetting classpath in Weblogicchange weblogic classpathweblogic how to set classpathclasspath weblogic serverhow to set the classpath for weblogic serverweblogic classpath locationWebLogic add classpathhow to change the classpath in weblogicserver classpath weblogicset classpath for weblogic serverhow to set the classpath in weblogic serverset classpath in weblogic