Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Google Free Guide for SEO

Guys,
    I found this book written by google and explained in detail about SEO stretegies in googles own language.

[URL="http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.com/en/us/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf"]Click this link to read the guide[/URL]

weblogicfaq

Re: Google Free Guide for SEO

Thank You Admin, The guide is really nice and user friendly and most important written by google itself.

johnywalter

Sadly, a lot of SEO or SEM are not paying attention and are not following this guide. I still don't know why is that Google, one of their biggest market, who has already given guidelines on how to rank best in their SE, people still don't know how to follow them and often times, people still spam and still do techniques that are not even working anymore. I feel sorry for those companies who gets to hire people like that.

Anyways, I think it is very good that Google is very concerned with the portals they are crawling. I think it is just good that they send out a guideline to make sure that every website they might rank is good for the readers/visitors.

Exactly, Johny, I totally agree with you. Thanks a lot for joining this forum community. We really appreciate that you are part of our community.

shivam

Yes, and Google clearly says original content is the winner. Still why people still runnign behind the autoblogs, suplicate content..etc.

Zar Marie

Adding to that, I hope other search engines do the same. Giving website owners the guidelines on how to improve their websites' user experience. Not like leaving them unaware of the do's and don'ts when all they wanted is to reach their market effectively through search results.

Nothing personal but guides are guides they can show you the path but its you you make or break a thing, your decisions your choices that are important and business can get good help from guides but i think business cannot be runned on guides, it nees new methods that changes with time and experience thats have to be earned by yourself ,

johnywalter

Of course they can't. Google is not going to be capable of producing a guide on how you could run your business. I'd see the guide as only one helpful element in the SEO/SEM world and there are still tons of elements out there. You will still have to consider things like:

1. product/service quality
    2. pricing of the commodity
    3. your marketing strategies
    4. etc etc. and tons more. and Google Guide don't mention any of it.

jeffament21

Not like leaving them unaware of the do's and don'ts when all they wanted is to reach their market effectively through search results.Adding to that, I hope other search engines do the same. Giving website owners the guidelines on how to improve their websites' user experience.
    Last edited by jeffament21; 10-24-2011 at 05:59 AM.

michaeljordan2152

Yahoo cares more about on page optimization in Google. Yahoo is also more sensitive to the quality of links. If you build a bunch of poor quality links, you may find that reacts badly to Yahoo.
    Last edited by michaeljordan2152; 11-02-2011 at 05:41 AM.